Delhi Police tells court that Accused of Parliament Security Breach stated that Prime Minister Modi was a Proclaimed Offender

The four accused were placed under seven days’ police custody by Additional Sessions Judge Hardeep Kaur.

The Delhi Police told a sessions court on Thursday that four people who were detained in connection with the security breach in parliament on December 13 and charged under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) had posted on social media depicting Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a “proclaimed offender.”

Atul Srivastava, the Additional Public Prosecutor (APP), cited several social media posts and leaflets created by the accused that described Prime Minister Modi as “missing” and offered a reward from Swiss Bank for his location.

The APP claimed, “He has been shown like a proclaimed offender.”

Additional Sessions Judge Hardeep Kaur remanded the four to police custody for a period of seven days following his hearings with the police and the accused’s attorney.

Legal aid counsel was given to the accused since they lacked legal representation.

Two people, Sagar Sharma and Manoranjan D, were allegedly observed entering the chamber from the visitors’ gallery on Wednesday during the Lok Sabha proceedings. The canisters they were carrying appeared to be emitting smoke. The Delhi Police took them both into custody.

Amol Shinde and Neelam, two additional people, were taken into custody outside the parliament after it was reported that they were using yellow smoke to protest.

On Thursday, APP Srivastava told the court that the case was brought about by a complaint submitted by the Parliament’s Deputy Director of Security.

The accused had made a hole in their shoes to carry the gas canisters inside the parliament building, Delhi police added.

The four accused were placed under 15 days of remand, per the police. APP Srivastava cited the accused’s social media posts to bolster their case.

The APP also emphasized that the accused had established a group named the “Bhagat Singh Fan Club” and that they had purchased the gas canisters from Mumbai and the shoes from Lucknow.

The prosecution requested remand so that the accused could be taken to Mumbai and Lucknow for further investigation.

The accused’s attorney contended that the exercise could be completed in four or five days.

The Court remanded all four accused to seven days in police custody after hearing from the parties.

Leave a Comment