All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is an examination conducted by the Bar Council of India for law graduates willing to start practice as a Lawyer. The candidate will be awarded a certificate of practice after clearing the examination and is eligible to practise in any court in India.
The All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is scheduled to be held on 5 February 2023.
The online registration for AIBE-XVIII forms begins from August 16, 2023 and the last date for registration is 10 October, 2023.
The last date for correction of forms is October 10, 2023.
The period for online release of admit cards is October 20, 2023.
To apply for AIBE XVII (17):
- Candidates for AIBE 2022 must hold Indian citizenship as their country of origin.
- AIBE Age limit: There is no bar council of India age limit set, that is required in order to take the AIBE test.
- Bar Council of India LLB Eligibility: Candidates must possess a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree to meet the educational requirement (either 3 years or 5 years).
- In order to fulfil the requirements for qualifying for AIBE 2022, the candidate must be a registered advocate professional with any state’s bar council. This requirement must be met in order to qualify.
- Candidates interested in taking the AIBE Exam 2022 test must provide documentation before they may register for the exam. Candidates are entitled to apply for the position if they have enrolled as an advocate per Section 24 of the Advocates Act 1961.
Number of Attempts
There are no limits placed on the number of times a candidate can take the All India Bar examination, and candidates are permitted to take the AIBE 2022 examination an unlimited number of times.
The examination shall be conducted in both Online and Offline manner. It is a Certification based examination. The duration of the examination is 3 hours 30 minutes. It is an open book test with Objective-type questions. There are 100 questions with 1 mark each. There is no negative marking.
Candidates can choose their preferred language during AIBE XVII (17) registration 2022.
Candidates belonging to the general category should secure at least 40% marks and SC/ST category candidates should secure at least 35% marks to receive a Certificate of Practice from the BCI.
Previous Year Question Paper
Solving previous year questions will also help the candidates to access their strengths and weaknesses.