S&P Global is looking for Legal & Contract Associate to join at its Gurgaon office.
About S&P Global
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. The firm provides the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. It helps solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
About the Opportunity
This role will have the opportunity to be creative and help streamline the “Customer Buying Experience”. The individual who fills this role will have an inside-out purview of the contracts lifecycle. The position assists the Department in making a significant contribution to the processing and data basing of contracts, but also in analyzing unique business and intellectual property issues specific to SPGMI. The role provides the individual exposure to the business legal issues as well as the technology that supports the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the management and organization of SPGMI Legal.
- Primary functions will be to assist and provide legal and administrative support to the global team.
- The role will also assist business colleagues in using the various contract tools, including the contracts database and other office applications.
- Respond to internal client inquiries (“hotline”) regarding legal and contract issues in a timely manner.
- Review submitted deal requests; includes checking draft contracts produced by Sales or other internal clients; may include making Minor Changes to contract documents as per existing scope set by Legal Operations team.
- Perform data entry of executed contracts into the contracts database. Perform accurate and timely review of key business and legal provisions in executed contract and entering such provisions in the contracts database
- Investigating contract administrative issues (e.g. determining whether a contract is still “active” or being billed by PIMS); interfacing with both the sales administration staff and other business staff to determine status of contracts
- Recommends process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Maintenance of boilerplate library (including Translations)/ ownership (in network drive and database platform) including communications regarding boilerplate changes
- Respond to change in entity/ assignment letters and termination letters
- Create reports (both general and complex) from contracts database, working with internal database users on their reporting requests. Work with manager to establish reporting processes and procedures.
- Assist in data quality assurance of the contents of the contracts database and department’s intranet website and other departmental applications
- Special projects as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2+ years of experience in a related position such as legal or paralegal and administrative support functions.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing data and utilizing data analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to collaborate with other business or technology teams
- Experience interpreting complex legal, financial, and technical licensing terms and conditions and contract
- Experience working within the Salesforce.com platform a plus
- Experience working databases, SQL a plus
- Must be amenable to work in US hours.
How to Apply?
Click on the link provided below to apply.
In case of any query, please contact EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com