Godrej is inviting applications for the post of Corporate Associate at its Mumbai office.
Godrej Industries Limited and Associate Companies (GILAC), is a vibrant group of listed Godrej companies. It has a clear focus on Chemicals, FMCG, Real Estate, Agriculture and Financial Services, a set of diverse industries, most of which are defining new India’s growth story. At GILAC we seek to achieve this growth through fostering an inspiring place to work, while inculcating shared value through a philosophy of ‘Good & Green’.
About the Opportunity
Godrej is inviting applications for the post of Associate Vice President in its Corporate Legal team at its Mumbai office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drafting and negotiating legal documentation for commercial transactions including with customers, contractors, suppliers, vendors, distributors and other third parties
- Providing strategic advise to stakeholders on indirect tax matters including operational issues
- Taxation litigation management including handling of tax litigations and proceedings filed by or against the Company
- Providing strategic advise to stakeholders on broad range of legal and regulatory matters including corporate and commercial law, customs, legal metrology, contracts, product liability, data privacy, labour and employment, customer claims and anti-trust.
- Handling of legal matters including drafting and vetting legal notice, replies, power of attorneys, affidavits.
- Ability to handle lifecycle of M&A deals from legal perspective including managing external counsels, cross functional interactions and handling post M&A operational issues
- Protecting Company’s reputation and business interests whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Coordinating with outside counsel for representations before courts, governmental agencies and other authorities and implementing dispute resolution strategies, tracking and managing outside counsel costs
- Graduate /Post Graduate in Law
- 10-15 years of experience at a law firm and / or in-house legal team
How to Apply?
Click on the link provided below to apply.