Citi is hiring for the role of Legal Support Officer to join its office in Mumbai.
Citigroup Inc. or Citi is an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. The company was formed by the merger of banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group in 1998; Travelers was subsequently spun off from the company in 2002.
About the Opportunity
The Legal Support Officer is an intermediate level, non-attorney role, responsible for providing legal support to the Citi Legal team. This role requires a pragmatic, proactive professional with thorough understanding of the Citi Legal Team. The overall objective of this role is to provide support to the Legal Team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for legal support activities related to legal operations, litigation/discovery/settlements or negotiation and contract administration
- Manages the execution, review, processing and tracking of legal documentation, executes transactions and completes varied work requests from multiple sources that may be complex in character and have tight deadlines
- Executes legal programs and projects to achieve coordinated and efficient process improvements and legal support solutions; liaises with other control/functional businesses in support of initiatives
- Conducts independent research and analysis of matters, applying institutional knowledge and knowledge of laws, rules and regulations, to support in the identification of legal solutions situations or to formulate recommendations on approach or strategy
- Applies in-depth understanding of how associated risks differ depending on product and documentation envisaged in relevant jurisdiction(s) and provides advice to the Risk function and business partners accordingly
- Maintains detailed records and documentation while staying abreast of new and changing regulatory and legal issues and industry initiatives
- Interacts with senior leaders, internal and external peers to gather information and works closely with the team’s management to determine legal solutions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelors/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 5-8 years of relevant industry experience, preferably with some experience working in an in-house legal role within financial services
- Ability to manage complex documentation with organization and detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and project management skills, as well as the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Senior management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- In-depth knowledge of legal customs and practices
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry
How to Apply?
Interested applicants may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.