Walt Disney Company invites job applications for the position of Counsel at Mumbai.
About the Company
Disney Star is a leading media & entertainment company in India that reaches over 700 million viewers a month in nine different languages. Our entertainment portfolio which cuts across general entertainment, movies, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content generates over 20,000 hours of original content every year.
Disney+ Hotstar, India’s leading streaming platform, enables us to reach and entertain audiences anywhere, anytime. Disney+ Hotstar has changed the way Indians consume their entertainment – from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas.
About the Role
In this role you will work closely on Disney-Star’s strategic partnerships, joint ventures, investments and key media right acquisitions. You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating investment documents, media rights agreements, network level partnerships with technology platforms and advising on business development, acquisitions and strategic partnerships across the Disney Star network.
The candidate should have:
- 6-8 years of transactional experience in general corporate or banking/finance (of which at least 3-4 years should be at a tier 1 law firm).
- Excellent drafting and research skills.
- A keen interest in the media/entertainment sector and the associated regulatory landscape
- Experience handling media/broadcast issues and media rights agreements would be an added advantage.
- An analytical bent of mind and the ability to problem-solve.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate legal issues and solutions in an articulate, precise, and effective manner.
Interested candidates can apply via the link provided at the end of the post.
- Business advisory around Disney-Star India’s joint ventures, investments, strategic partnerships and media rights acquisitions having strategic or network-level impact.
- Structuring, negotiating, and drafting investment documentation, including shareholders’ agreements, share purchase agreements, etc) and (b) documentation for key partnerships, strategic bids, media rights acquisitions and other strategic network-level initiatives. Negotiating prime positions for Disney-Star entities, optimum structuring of resulting entities and maximising value by obtaining key rights for Disney-Star
- Evaluating and advising on key media rights acquisitions (through bilateral negotiations or under invitations to tender) and strategic monetization of the acquired rights.
- Research and advisory around key regulatory issues impacting the M&E sector or Disney Star India (e.g. issues around anti-trust, privacy and data protection, FDI policy and offshore investments, etc.), evolving strategies to de-risk our businesses from regulatory risk while maintaining operational efficiency and working to maximize revenues.